I came across this recipe and it is fantastic. I mean how can it be bad, it has two of my favorite things: bacon and olives.
5 fl oz (15cl) of white wine
3 1/3 fl oz (10cl) olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cup (250g) all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder (about 5g)
5 ounces (150g) grated cheddar
1 large onion
3 1/2 ounces (100g) bacon
7 ounces (200g) ham on the bone
3 1/2 ounces (100g) black olives
3 1/2 ounces (100g) green olives
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wine, oil, eggs and salt.
- Separately, mix the flour and baking powder, sift and stir into the liquid preparation.
- Chop the onion finely and melt in a skillet with a bit of olive oil (or butter).
- Add the bacon to onions and cook for a few minutes then keep aside. Take care of draining the mixture to avoid a soggy dough.
- Slice the olives and parsley and cut the ham.
- Add all ingredients and grated cheese to the basic preparation and mix.
- Pour into a buttered pan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 360°F (180°C).
*Courtesy of Hillbilly Recipes