Valentine’s Day is Friday, February 14, it is fast approaching, and we want you to be ready.
Out and About Pensacola decided you needed a list of ideas for gifts, dinner locations and things a bit more creative, and here it is.
What is Valentine’s Day anyway?
Chaucer, in the Middle Ages, first associated the day when the tradition of courtly love flourished. It then evolved into a day when lovers professed their love by presenting candy, flowers and buying or making Valentine cards.
This year Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday, and that adds pressure to do something for your significant other or be bold and strike up a new relationship.
Take your sweetie to a restaurant off the beaten path
A quaint location in downtown Milton. They offer a wide selection of great dishes.
Cactus Flower Cafe is a Mexican restaurant with locations in NW Florida and Alabama taking great pride in serving delicious California Style Mexican Cuisine. Their Mexican food is fresh, flavorful, delicious and healthy … served in a relaxing and appealing atmosphere.
Located on beautiful Pensacola Beach, H2o is headed up by local celebrity Chef Dan Dunn’s award winning Cajun Asian infused menu with a well paired selection from our premier wine cellar. Choose from a diverse selection of steaks, seafood, salads and gourmet burgers.
La Brisa offers a casual dining experience where the dishes are varied and vibrant as the coastal regions and southern heritage that inspire them.
Mimi’s Bistro on the go
Mimi’s is a crepe truck. They serve both sweet and savory crepe’s street side. Stop there before or after a walk around downtown Pensacola.
The Magnolia specializes in comfort food with an International twist. They offer daily specials, including Mason Jar Trifles in a variety of flavors.
- A daily pill container with candy and a message for every day of the week.
- Six pack of Crush soda with a handwritten “I have a CRUSH on you” note attached.
- A Ball jar of Swedish Fish with a note that says, “Hooked on you.”
- A tackle box filled with gummy worms with a note saying, “You are a catch.”
- Everyone loves handmade cards.
- A photo of you, in a customized frame.
- Create a treasure map, hide things around your home and make yourself the prize.
- A candy bouquet is always a favorite.
Turn up the heat, cook or bake something
- Baked bacon shaped hearts.
- Customized pizza with heart shaped pepperoni.
- Toast cut out with a heart shape and fried egg in the middle.
- Heart shaped pancakes or other baked goods like brownies, cookies and cakes.
- Lobster, steaks, shrimp or vegetarian, planning, shopping for and cooking dinner is sure to please anyone on your Valentine list.